|Appears in||Guitar Hero, Guitar Hero II, Guitar Hero III, Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s,Guitar Hero: Aerosmith|
|Playing Style||Glam Metal, Hair Metal, Punk Rock, British Rock, Arena Rock|
|Influences||The Clash, The Ramones, Van Halen|
|Default Guitar||Les Paul Standard(GH3)|
|Outfits||The Rockstar, The Peacock(GH3)|
- « Return to Characters
Izzy Sparks is a playable character in the Guitar Hero series. He first appeared with the Grim Ripper as one of two unlockable characters in the original game, and has appeared as a regular starting character in each game in the series since.
He is known for his large hair, flamboyant style, wild attitude and outrageous costumes.He is inspired by C.C. DeVille(Poison's guitarist), Vinnie Vincent (KISS and Vinnie Vincent Invasion's guitarist) Vince Neil and Nikki Sixx (respectively, Mötley Crüe's vocalist and bassist),Howerd Leese(Heart), Izzy Stradlin (Guns n' Roses' rhythm gutarist),Iggy Pop(the Stooges), SPIKE(Quirboys) Tyla(Dogs d'amour)Mike Monro(Hanoi Rocks) and other 80s hard rock icons. He was named after Izzy Maxwell of the Sound Mixing Department at Harmonix, the developer of Guitar hero I, II, and Encore: Rocks the 80s.
- A wild man on and off the stage, Izzy is famous for his guitar playing and infamous for his hard partying ways. The press can't get enough of this bad boy, who never leaves a crowd unhappy or a hotel room un-trashed. - Guitar Hero in-game bio
- Izzy is known for his wild hair, wilder outfits, and even wilder parties - and of course for his crankin' guitar. He says he needs to customize his guitars to accommodate his ultra fast technique. Changing bands like other people change shoes, Izzy has played for dozens of bands including Arsenic, Gold Rush, Medusa's Hair, and Gang of Two. Press and fans alike can't get enough of his bad-boy antics and monster chops. Izzy named his last album "Banned in Seven States", which was true - three states ago. Though most venues cite his unruly stage presence as reason to keep him out, Izzy claims that he gets barred because his guitar "makes girls think impure thoughts." He recently customized his amps to match his outfits. Says friend and band mate Jax Hummer, "you have to be damn good to get away with that kind of behavior." Guitar Hero manual bio
- A real crowd pleaser, Izzy thrills all with his energetic onstage showmanship while delighting the media with his offstage debauchery, Izzy's fan base is even bigger than his hair. - Guitar Hero II in-game bio
- Media darling and pop culture icon, Izzy Sparks is living the rock and roll dream and every mother's nightmare. With his love of legato and leopard skin, Izzy brings metal to the mainstream masses. - Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s in-game bio
- Daughters, lock up your mothers... Sunset has not fallen upon the Strip! Izzy returns with the flair and the hair, and isn't stopping until your ears bleed pure rock. Glam never tasted so good. - Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock in-game bio
This page has been accessed 4,668 times.