Grim in Guitar Hero II
|Appears in||Guitar Hero, Guitar Hero II, Guitar Hero III, Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s|
|Playing Style||Hard Rock|
|Influences||Death Metal bands from the 80s|
- « Return to Characters
The Grim Ripper was first introduced as a playable character in Guitar Hero and has been an unlockable player ever since, even included in Rocks The 80's. He and the God of Rock appear only in the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of Guitar Hero III - both being replaced by Metalhead and Elroy Budvis in the PlayStation 2 and Wii versions.
- The clock around the Grim Ripper's neck points to "2 Minutes to Midnight"; a popular Iron Maiden song.
- His character bio contains a reference to the Blue Öyster Cult song "Don't Fear The Reaper"
His appearances have changed from game to game, as listed below:
Guitar Hero - He wears a long crimson robe, with a chain dangling from the front of it and wing-like bones from his back.
Guitar Hero II - Grim wears a black, sleeveless robe, ripped at the height of his knees, exposing his skeletal arms and legs. He wears studded armbands, sports black wings on his back, has horns coming out of his hood and wears a chain with an hourglass pendant around his neck.
Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s - Grim's outfit is almost the same from GH2, except that the hourglass was replaced with a clock face (which, given the time shown, might represent Iron Maiden's song "2 Minutes to Midnight"), and he wears 3D shades.
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock - Grim's outfit suffered no changes from GH2. In GH3, his actions are identical to Tom Morello's.
- Tearing it up from the beyond, Grim is a full-on rocker. Grim has abandoned the stealing of souls for the rush of stealing the show and now tours the world laying down monster riffs. - Guitar Hero In-Game Description
- This rock star is bad to the bone. Grim's riffs are so killer, fans are lucky just to leave the show with their souls intact. At his latest killer performance, an awe-struck fan gushed, the curtains flew, then he appeared! - Guitar Hero II In-Game Description
- Dudes? It just doesn't get more gnarly than Grim. With his unholy skill and blood-curdling licks, it's no wonder 40,000 are coming to see him at every show. Grim, like, totally kills. - Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s In-Game Description
- When not scouring the bowels of Hades to sign the next big act, The Grim Ripper makes earthly summer tours part of his M.O. He also enjoys canoe trips. - Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock In-Game Description